Are you doing extensive research before you commit yourself to laser hair removal?
We get it – it’s an investment in time and money. You want to know exactly what you are getting yourself into. Surprisingly, most people don’t! Yes, smooth skin sounds amazing, but before you make that laser hair removal appointment, read this!
Before we get started, Skin Renew Day Spa uses an industry-leading laser hair removal laser, the Motus AX by Cartessa. It requires no downtime and there are no pain #nomorerubberbandsnaps. Cartessa is one of the world’s fastest-growing laser companies and we are so excited to use one of their lasers at Skin Renew Day Spa.
Contraindications of Laser Hair Removal
Unfortunately, not everyone is a good candidate for laser hair removal. There are some contraindications laser technicians look out for prior to treating.
If any of the following pertain to you, you cannot receive laser hair removal treatments.
- You are on any medications that are light sensitive or photosensitive. These types of medications chemically induce a change in your skin and can cause reactions when exposed to UV rays.
- You must be off retinoids for two weeks prior to treatment and all throughout your sessions. Wait to be completely healed before getting back on retinoids.
- Anticoagulants (blood thinners)
- History of keloids
- History of infection
- Compromised immune system
- Pregnant or nursing
- Active infection, cold sores, or open lacerations in the area being treated
- Skin cancer
- Abnormal moles
- Tattoo in the area being treated
Pre-Care of Laser Hair Removal
You have homework before your appointments! Please avoid all things listed below before your laser hair removal treatment.
- Sun exposure for four weeks prior to your appointment.
- You have to be off Accutane four to six months before your first treatment.
- Do not take aspirin 7 days before your appointment. Aspirin is a blood thinner that can cause bruising and skin sensitivity after your appointment. We want this to be a painless experience as it is meant to be!
- No tweezing, waxing, or epilation two weeks prior, as well as in between your sessions. When you tweeze or wax, you are removing the hair follicle from the bulb, which is what the laser targets and destroys during your treatments. However, please shave the day before your appointment!
- No skin lightening products
Post-Care of Laser Hair Removal
Unfortunately, you have homework after your treatments as well! Below is a list of things you should keep in mind after your laser hair removal appointment.
- Do not rub the treated area while bathing
- Avoid hot water for 24 hours after your appointment.
- No makeup on the irritated area
- No sauna, hot yoga, extensive workouts for 48 hours after your appointment.
- Use ointment or lotions on irritated areas
- No exfoliants on the treated area
- No tanning or sun exposure to the treated area
- Use SPF 50 at all times
Again, please shave before your appointment. Unlike waxing, you will want to have smooth skin as a fresh canvas for the laser treatment. Your laser technician will map out and mark the area you want to be treated and provide you with goggles while also wearing their own.
With this new Moveo Technology in the Motus AX, the laser tip touches the skin. This is literally a pain-free experience. So before we touch your skin with the laser, we apply a gel to your skin so the laser tip can easily glide on the skin- almost like a massage! This treatment is PAIN-FREE and requires little to no downtime. My how far we have come in technology, am I right?! We are so excited to offer this treatment to our valued clients that, let’s be honest, are now like family!
This will feel cool on your skin from the gel and the cool tip.
We will start moving the laser on the area so you get an idea of what the movement will be like and then proceed to start the laser. When the laser is on, you will feel a comfortable warming sensation as the laser goes back and forth on the area.
Before you know it, you are all done! We simply wipe the gel off and you are good to go!
I’ve given you what to expect and consider before, during, and after your laser hair removal appointments. If you’re ready for smooth skin, call us at 317-848-7546 to book your appointment ! Become a part of the family and purchase a membership today!